Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Food Series - What's for Breakfast

Food Series - What's for Breakfast

Food Series - What's for Breakfast by joanniel on polyvore.com

Pictured here: Mushroom and tomato omelet, fruit smoothie, coffee, almonds, bananas.

Many times throughout my life I have decided to go on a 'diet'. Miserable failure! At this point in my life I want to be healthier and happier without feeling like I'm cheating myself out of a good thing. I want to be in good shape so that I can keep up with my child and just feel better all around.

I have ordered a fitness dvd. The Tracy Anderson Method. I have tried some of the exercises for a few days a few months back and really enjoyed it. I should be receiving it soon. I ordered the post pregnancy dvd because I haven't really worked out since having my child almost 4 years ago. It's time to get back into shape.

I'm creating these food charts for myself to remind me that healthy food can taste good too. I need to reorganize my daily eating habits to meet my new goals. The meals I make for myself and my family are great tasting, healthy meals, but it's in the late hours of the night that I snack on not so healthy foods.

I think eggs are a great source of protein and I really love how versatile they are. I also enjoy a fruit smoothie for breakfast as well. I replace my milk with coconut milk because I am intolerant to dairy but it tastes just as good. A handful of almonds are also a good choice but I don't have nuts all that much. I like a piece of banana on toast or by itself. Sometimes I will have a bowl of frosted flakes. It feels so good to have a sweet treat sometimes. Even for breakfast.

Step 1. Replace soft drinks with water or natural fruit juice.
Step 2. Always have some protein for breakfast.
Step 3. Order take-out only once per week.

I'm starting small this time around and replacing my habits with better, healthier ones. Although I am very busy being a mom and taking care of my jewellery business, it's not an excuse to stop taking care of myself. I will make the time to improve my health and my life. This new lifestyle is also coinciding with an uncluttering of my home and a reorganization of my space. It's time for everything to change. Everything that's been bothering me but never had time to do. Well, now, I'm making time to do it all.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Jo! Small changes are the ones you can live with and make last! One day at a time, one meal at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have a good plan in place!

    ReplyDelete