Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother's Day Gift Ideas



Mother's Day is fast approaching and I've put together a great collection of handmade creations most moms would be thrilled to receive.

My first pick is this gorgeous 'I Love You to the Moon and Back' charm bracelet with a hand stamped sterling silver disc from Frostings. This bracelet also features an elegant crescent moon and freshwater pearl. Simply beautiful! Any mom would look stunning with this on her wrist.

I must admit that I love the idea of having my son's name stamped on a piece of jewellery that I can carry with me wherever I go. I think this would be the perfect Mother's Day gift for moms everywhere.




My second pick is a pair of apple green jade earrings by the talented creator at Splurge. These square jade stones are so delicious. I could absolutely see myself wearing these all year long. I love silver and the shape of these earrings just adds such class and elegance that it would compliment any outfit. Dress it up or dress it down, either way they will definitely get you noticed.




This next pick is a beautiful flower that will last forever. Botanical Theatre is a wonderful shop that is filled with a variety of truly unique treasures. One of these treasures is this hand painted red flower that was painted with artists quality Winsor & Newton ink on Khadi paper. This one is a piece of art that will be admired by any mom who receives it.




Last but not least, choose between various hand embroidered lavender sachets from bstudio. You will be proud to give one of these away. They can be hung up anywhere or placed into a drawer, but I would definitely not want to hide one of these gorgeous creations away. If I had one it would be hanging in plain sight so that everyone could admire it's beauty.

This particular sachet features bstudio's signature silk ribbon butterfly.

bstudio has a new book/kit on how to embroider your very own silk ribbon creations. You can visit bstudio's blog and read all about it.

8 comments:

  1. These are some really great gift ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joannie, Thanks for including my lavender sachet in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful choices! What a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joannie, what a great blog post and perfect timing before Mother's day! Thank you very much for including my green earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always Joannie, a well crafted, beautifully presented post. visiting your blog is always a pleasure so I'm passing on the Kreativ Blogger award to you :-)
    http://soapstarcanada.blogspot.com/2010/04/and-winners-are.html
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great picks here! Really like the lavender sachets from bstudio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful choices. Thank you for bringing these lovely items to our attention (my daughter is going to love the pretty jade earrings by Splure).

    ReplyDelete