Saturday, March 27, 2010

Confessions of a Paper Addict


Although I have more than 400 business cards left from my Vistaprint order, I've decided to make myself a coordinated set. I couldn't resist. I love paper and I wanted a new look that would be unique to me. I've made myself some pillow boxes, earring cards of various sizes, and business cards to match. I'm very happy with the result, and I'm also quite pleased that it all matches my etsy shop banner. But don't worry, I will use up the rest of my 400+ business cards so they don't go to waste.

Here is a link to the pillow box template I used if you would like to make your own.

As stated in the title, I am a paper addict. lol. I buy craft paper sheets all the time. In fact, I often find reasons to go the the craft store just to look at all the paper designs they have. It makes me happy. I even scan them so I don't have to use the originals. Plus, this way I can change the colors if I want. I always have lots of fun creating paper crafts such as cards and other creations.



Here is a small card I made two weeks ago. The background image is paper that has been scanned and printed on a regular sheet of paper. I also used off-white fibrous paper, color card stock, and lace paper sticker ribbon. The green pattern paper under the lace ribbon is also paper that I scanned and then printed a section of. I finished this card by adding a paper flower. I must say that I had a great time making this card and I am looking forward to making more. As soon as I have some spare time.

Have fun and don't be afraid to get creative when making paper crafts of your own!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work Joannie! You have a great eye for color and design, and as I have said before a real eye with the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coordinating set looks great! I love the soft colors and I am sure any customer would really appreciate the time and care that went into your branding. How are you planning to use up your old business cards? I have a bunch left over myself and I'm kind of at a loss of how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Joannie! I LOVE everything!

    ReplyDelete